Nothing quite ruins your day like the pungent smell of a dead animal on your property. Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon to stumble upon a lifeless critter in your yard. But did you know that dead animals can pose a serious threat to your health and the environment? That’s why it’s crucial to call in the experts for dead animal removal services Brisbane. Let’s explore the unseen dangers of dead animals on your property and why you need professional help to handle them.
Understanding the Dangers of Dead Animals on Your Property
Dead animals on your property may seem harmless, but they pose several unseen dangers that can harm you and your family’s health and damage your property. Here are some of the dangers associated with dead animals on your property:
Health Risks: Dead animals release harmful bacteria and gases that can cause respiratory problems, and skin irritations, and transmit diseases like salmonella and E. coli.
Pest Infestations: The decomposing body of a dead animal attracts a host of pests like maggots, flies, and rodents that can infest your property and spread even more disease. In some cases, it might be necessary to hire professional pest control for dead animal services.
Foul Odours: Dead animals produce an overpowering stench that can permeate your property and make it unbearable to stay in.
Environmental Impact: Dead animals can also have a significant environmental impact, especially if they are not disposed of correctly. They can contaminate the soil and water sources, which can have adverse effects on local wildlife and vegetation. Proper dead animal removal and disposal are necessary to prevent harm to the environment.
Common Dead Animals Found on Your Property and How to Identify Them
Dead animals can be found on your property for various reasons, and it’s essential to know what kind of animal you’re dealing with before you can remove it. Here are some of the common dead animals found on properties in Brisbane and how to identify them:
- Dead Mice, Rats and Rodents: These small animals are often found in dark, damp areas like basements, attics, and crawl spaces. They are usually identifiable by their small size, sharp teeth, and long tails.
- Dead Cats and Dogs: Dead cats and dogs may be the result of a traffic accident, poisoning, or natural death. They are easily recognizable by their size and shape, and often have collars or tags that can help identify them.
- Dead Birds: Birds can fly into windows or be attacked by predators, resulting in their death. They are recognizable by their feathers, beaks, and wings.
- Dead Possums: These nocturnal animals are often found in urban areas and can cause property damage. They are identifiable by their gray fur, long tail, and sharp claws.
- Dead Foxes: Foxes are also commonly found in urban areas and can carry diseases like rabies. They are recognizable by their reddish-brown fur and bushy tail.
Why You Need Expert Dead Animal Removal Services in Brisbane
When it comes to dead animal removal, time is of the essence. The longer you wait, the greater the risk of disease and infestation. While you may be tempted to handle the removal yourself, it’s important to remember the risks involved. Handling dead animals without proper equipment and training can expose you to harmful bacteria and viruses, and improper disposal can result in fines or legal trouble. That’s why it’s always best to call in the professionals. Experts in dead animal removal services in Brisbane have the knowledge, tools, and experience to handle the removal safely and efficiently.
The Dead Animal Removal Brisbane Process
- Inspection and Assessment: A professional dead animal removal service will start by inspecting the affected area to determine the type of animal and the extent of the infestation. They will also check for any potential hazards, such as electrical wiring or plumbing that could be damaged during the removal process.
- Trapping and Removal: Once the assessment is complete, the dead animal is trapped and removed using specialized equipment and protective gear to avoid contamination and prevent the spread of disease. This step is crucial to ensure the safety of both the removal team and the property owner.
- Clean-up and Disinfection: After the dead animal is removed, the area is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected to eliminate any harmful bacteria and viruses that may have been left behind. This step is essential to prevent the spread of disease and ensure a safe living environment.
- Preventative Measures: To avoid future infestations, the removal team will identify and seal off any entry points that the dead animal may have used to gain access to the property. They may also set up traps and recommend preventative measures, such as regular pest inspections, to ensure that the property remains free of dead animals and other pests.
How to Prevent Dead Animals on Your Property
Nobody wants to find a dead animal on their property, but there are things you can do to help prevent it from happening in the first place. Here are some tips on how to keep your property free of dead animals:
- Keep your property clean and tidy. Dead animals are attracted to cluttered areas where they can hide and nest, so regularly cleaning up debris and maintaining a well-kept lawn can help keep them at bay.
- Seal off potential entry points. Make sure all openings, such as cracks in walls or gaps around pipes, are sealed off to prevent animals from getting in.
- Secure your garbage cans. Animals are often drawn to the smell of garbage, so make sure your trash cans are properly secured with tight-fitting lids.
- Schedule regular pest inspections. A professional pest inspection can identify potential problem areas and help prevent infestations before they happen.
Don’t let dead animals on your property put you and your family at risk. The health hazards and potential for pest infestations are serious matters that require immediate attention. By hiring professional dead animal removal services in Brisbane, you can rest easy knowing that the problem will be handled safely and effectively. At Blink Pest Control, we pride ourselves on providing prompt and efficient dead animal removal Brisbane services and pest control for dead animal services to keep your property safe from harm. Don’t hesitate to contact us today to schedule an appointment and let us take care of the rest!